Monday, April 12, 2010

On The Happiest

Oh my dear dandy dudes! I have neglected you for too long! And I promise to give you something more substantial as soon as I possibly can, but for tonight you'll have to be held over with just a brief comment...oh I know, I know, I can hear you missing me from here. Sure.

Alas my wonderful and well-traveled boss has just returned from her "trip of a lifetime" trek around Bhutan and I find myself suddenly having to actually do work (gasp!) during the day instead of just planning out my latest posts for all you fine folk. Well, here's a couple of thoughts on that business:
1. A quick lesson in geography for all those not in the know about Bhutan...
-It is a landlocked country in South Asia, at the eastern end of the Himalayas, bordered to the south, east, and west by India and to the north by China (thanks Wikipedia, I use you with no remorse now that my college days are behind me)

-It is considered one of the happiest countries in the world
-Only a select few numbers of tourists are allowed in each year
-Here is a map
2. After said trip of a lifetime, she brought back an amazing hand woven satchel for me, that I simply cannot get over. I'll provide some pictures next time, because I think it will go perfectly which my next post, where I want to discuss...
3. Patterns and colors!
4. Not getting to write about/think about/notice/photograph/purchase fashion all day every day is beginning to make me a bit sad. Makes one wonder, if one should rethink one's current career choice. Hmm, maybe one should.

Alright, you're not here for my almost-quarter-life-crisis mumblings! Shame on me! Back to the task at hand...
So, for the rest of this rather short and probably somewhat disappointing post I am going to leave you with two websites that have become close friends of mine (yikes that reads terribly when typed out, bear with me, please). Both are for online shopping, and both supply clothes for "men" and "women" but if you're reading this, and have thus far been keeping up with my hidden agenda, I think we all know that the binary gender system is lacking.
The point is, the clothes are varied and there is lots of stuff for everyo
ne and both sites also have a new sale everyday that only lasts for a short amount of time (in the case of Gilt Groupe for 10min from 12 noon to 12:10, and in the case of JackThreads for 24 hours) and even though this doesn't leave you with much time to shop, they are great sites to browse, and if something happens to catch your eye, quick! Snag it! And get yourself a little sumsin' sumsin'. Both sites also include a lot of labels that you will otherwise not find in stores, or will cost astronomical amounts in places of retail. At the end of the day, you find something dapper and fresh and feel like you did it with some fashion know-how. Bravo you baller. On with it!
This is JackThreads:

https://www.jackthreads.com/

This is GiltMan (GiltGroupe is for a larger variety of clothes, but the mens' section does it for this boy):

http://www.giltman.com/?ifs=done

Alright, I think that is about all I have for you today, my apologies again...but I have some seriously great things in mind that will need my utmost attention and time to discuss. In fact I am literally overflowing with ideas of ever more sartorial splendor to get you through your days! So, stay tuned, I promise to return soon with more wit, charm and bold pattern pairing than you'll know what to do with!....
Sweet dreams Guys and Dolls and Genderfucks!
Love,
your BaS

No comments:

Post a Comment